St. Joseph’s Residential School is a Sr. Secondary English medium school opened and administered by the St. Joseph’s Mission Birsinghpur Pali(M.P) to provide better educational facilities in a homely atmosphere to the children of the citizens of India. It was founded with a focus to provide a holistic education with a strong sense of values, combining academic excellence, state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities matching the global standards. They wanted to establish an institution that would provide education in imaginative, creative and positive ways to bring out the best in the students of different learning and performing abilities. They wanted to establish a community where children can discover who they are and where their interests lie, giving them an opportunity to utilize their energies positively. The institution envisaged an atmosphere where they would have the courage to take their minds for a walk and ask questions; a comfort zone where they would think and relax.
Challenges faced by the school:
- Manually managing all the school records and data was not only a time-consuming process for school administration but there was always a risk of getting records damaged or lost.
2. The school had hundreds of admission inquiries daily. St. joseph school looked for a platform which can collect, sort, and manage all the data at a single system and thus save time and labor cost.
3. As the number of admission increased, the fee collection process became more difficult and time-consuming. The school was not able to keep a record of all paid and non-paid transactions, nor were they able generate electronic receipts.
4. Earlier the school practiced a conventional method of maintaining attendance and timetable for all the classes of the school. This consumed a lot of time and efforts of the admin as well as of the teachers
5. The school’s staff management system lacked efficiency. Previously it was very chaotic to maintain the payroll structure of each teaching and non-teaching staff.
6. Managing the school transportation manually was also a handful job for the administration.
7. St. joseph school lacked effective communication between parents and the school. The important news related to the school did not reach to the parents on time.
8. Also managing homeworks, assignments, and examinations of various classes proved to be tiresome and ineffective.
USM helped St. Joseph’s school to automate the organization. All the operations of the institution were digitised to improve the overall performance and the efficiency of the school. USM software consisted of various modules to manage the entire activity of the school & students, like admission, timetable, examination, messages, fee collection, reports, transport, library, events etc. It reduced the functions of Administrators, teachers, staff, and others by providing a platform for them to monitor various activities of the institution.
USM’s solution to overcome all the challenges faced by the Institution:
1. USM offered a unique solution by providing a software that can store and back up all the school’s data on one platform. It helped them store records or documents in a single location & authorized staff to easily access all records from anywhere at any time.
2. The whole process of admission is digitized in USM. The chaotic process of queuing in the admissions queue is simplified and the software also improves the efficiency of administration by processing the admissions online.
3. The recording of fees and the generation of receipts in the school has been simplified and digitized with the school USM. It provides a platform that enables parents to pay fees online. All due dates and fines for late payments are also automated according to predefined rules and sent to the parents via the software.
4. The timetable module in USM helped in creating and managing different types of timetables. Teachers and administrators can create timetables using timetable module. The generated timetables will be available as class timetable, teacher timetable, and institutional timetable.
5. USM effectively and smoothly manages the tasks and activities of employees. It facilitates the whole process of managing the employee salary. At the end of the month, the software calculates the employees’ salary based on their attendance and automatically sends their salary based on the results. Moreover, payments are made directly to the employee’s bank account with a single click.
6. USM has a function that enables the school administration to track the transport vehicle (school bus). This is an enormous advantage for the school, as it can monitor the routes of its transport vehicle. This feature reduces parents’ anxiety about their child’s safety and restores parents’ confidence in the school.
7. The software has a feature that helps parents, teachers and the school administration stay connected. It enables better communication between parents and school. Bulk SMS, e-mail or special notifications are used to send reminders of school activities such as examination, holidays, fee payments etc. Such communications are easily enabled by the software.
8. It also provides a platform where students can download, upload or submit a homework assignment or homework, notes and project work. The software makes the process easier for students who want to refer back to the old assignments or notes for study or other purposes. USM also allows institutions to manage data related to coursework, quizzes, tests and exams, and to generate reports to evaluate student performance. The system is built around academic goals to improve student learning and outcomes and help St. Joseph’s school make informed decisions.
Since the entire learning process is digitalized, manual work is reduced, which ultimately saves time and money. Everything is managed online, from the admission procedure to the creation of students’ certificates. USM worked effortlessly and efficiently to reduce the workload of St. Joseph’s Residential School.