An examination is an assessment aimed at measuring students’ skills, aptitude, or knowledge in one or more topics of study. A test can be administered either on paper or verbally. Examination test students’ understanding of concepts which eventually measure their academic progress.
The technology has entered each and every possible field. it has also impacted the education industry of the world. With the digitisation of education institutions, examinations are also digitised. Examination Management System initiates the whole process of examination. From setting the question paper to publishing report cards of the students, from uploading the reading material online for the students to taking attendance of the students, the Examination Management system manages all the process of an examination in an online platform.
Characteristics Of USM’s Examination System
1. Grading System- Schools have different grading system to portray the progress of the student in an academic year. USM is well sufficient in giving well known and accepted grading standards to the schools. This includes CCE(Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation), GPA(Grade Point Average), CWA(Course Weighted Average), ICSE(Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), and Normal grading standards. In USM, the user can select more than one grading system within a single institution if needed. The grade books of the students will be generated based on the grading system selected while creating the courses.
2. Conduction of examinations online- USM provides a secure way for the conduction of online exams. Also multiple students can take an exam at any given time with USM. Teachers upload the question paper of their respective subjects days or hours before the exam. And Students can access the questions and start answering at the aforementioned time. Once the exam time ends the answers get submitted.
3. Report cards- Customising Report cards with USM is also an easy task. Report cards are generated once the examination ends. Based on different grading system, different report cards are generated. The report cards are then sent to the parents and the students.
4. Import marks of the students- Teachers manually enter the marks of the student. USM provides an easy alternative to decrease the workload. It has a bulk import feature where the exam scores can be imported from a CSV file.
5. Communication and announcements related to exams- The inbuilt communication system of USM allows to send notifications to the students and parents along with the publication of examination dates and the schedule. The alerts will be received as SMS or email and also parents can view the upcoming examinations from their USMConnect mobile app.
The Process Of Scheduling An Exam
1. Creating Courses and Batches- Administration or teachers create different batches or courses. And then batch or course wise conduct different types of examination
2. Defining Grading System- The Administration has to define the grading system of the Institution. The user can choose one or more than one grading systems for the institution if required. And then while creating a new course or batch, select the grading system that has to be applied for the course.
3. Exam Group- After defining the grading system for the course, the next important task is to create an exam group. After creating the exam group, the user has to select the subjects that are to be included in recently made examination group. Mention the subject’s maximum and minimum marks, date with start and end timings for each subject exam, etc.
4. Examination Timetable- Before the commencement of exam, an exam schedule is made by the teachers or he administration. Pre-created examination’s schedule provide the students ample amount of time for preparation. This examination schedule is then made available for the students and parents in the USMConnect app.
1. Marking Attendance of the students- The Attendance Module of USM helps the teacher to mark the attendance of the student with just one click. The completely digitized process lets you store all data at a single place.
1. Generating Report cards- Once the examination is over, the subject teachers enter the marks of the students. . Once the marks are entered, a report card is generated with informations such as attendance of the students, marks of all the subjects and remarks from the teacher. After generating report cards, notification is sent to the parents and students and they can access the result on the app.